Monday, December 15, 2008

Revenge of the Penguins

A few months ago I did an interview where I admitted to having a taste for fire-roasted penguins (read the full monstrosity here), and that certain authors had had stories published in the IGMS anthology by virtue of having bribed me with said fire-roasted penguins.

The problem is that apparently people actually read that stupid interview, and now the whole penguin thing has taken on a life of its own. And it would appear that the penguins are having the last laugh, because the following list is only of the most recent cases of penguinalia (whatever the heck that means). In the space of about a week, I received:

1) a story submitted to the magazine wherein the author admitted in the cover letter that the scene in Antarctica with Satan kicking a bunch of penguins was written specifically because of the aforementioned interview,

2) an email from an author whose story I had just accepted, whose first words were not "Cool!" or even "Thanks," but "Where do I send the penguin?" and,

3) This, handed to me by writer just the other day:


Even now, from thousands of miles away, I can hear the penguins, laughing...

*

4 comments:

Princess Alethea said...

All I have to say is: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Gray Rinehart said...

That's terrific, Ed! I imagine it'll be a penguin-filled Christmas as well.

Edmund R. Schubert said...

It's one thing to have the penguins turn on me, but you, too, Alethea? So cold. So cold.

You have a funny definition of terrific, Gray... ;-)

Dena said...

Too funny. Just be grateful you didn't discuss your love of walrus...