Tuesday, November 04, 2008

A Day In The Life...

I have a group of friends who I keep up with on-line, and one of the things we do is track (albeit loosely) our writing productivity, usually in terms of total words written. I had an interesting writing day yesterday, and though I have no idea what the word total was, I thought I'd share the overall scope of what I worked on.

-- Wrote a blurb for a friend's book

-- Finished answering one set of questions that had been emailed to me for an interview

-- Started answering another set of questions for an interview

-- Traded several emails with Gavin Grant about IGMS stories for his half of the Year's Best Fantasy & Horror (fantasy)

-- Traded several emails with Ellen Datlow about her half of the Year's Best Fantasy & Horror (horror)

-- Traded several emails with Peter Beagle's agent about a story Peter is writing for IGMS

-- Started my Letter From The Editor for the next issue of IGMS (which will be out in about ten days)


There's no fiction-writing on that list, but I still did a lot of typing. It was kind of cool...

The first thing on today's to-do list? Voting. Check. Did that already. How about you?

No comments: