Friday, November 30, 2007

Five Things I've Learned About Writing

Here is the beginning of the series posts I promised regarding things I've learned about writing. As I mentioned earlier, after writing a series of excellent essays on this subject himself, James Maxey has issued a challenge to a handful of other writers to do the same.

The topics I've decided to cover are:


Write Because You Love To

Metaphors, Similes, And Analogies, Oh My

The Devil Is In The Details

Always Say Yes

The Best Way To Learn To Write



I'm not promising that I'll deliver them in that order, as this is a rough draft of my plan. But then, isn't the real work of writing in the rewriting. Hmm, maybe that should be on my list, too.

Oh, great. Now you've got me thinking, and that never turns out well...

No comments: