Thursday, June 28, 2007

Worth a Thousand Words


...getting dropped off at the north end of the Skyline Drive, near Front Royal, Virginia.



The long and winding road...







The view...


By day three I'd finished all 105 miles of the Skyline Drive and was on the Blue Ridge Parkway. If you look closely you'll notice that the smile on my face is not quite as large as the one from the first day...




Top of the world, ma...





I don't have any pictures from my campsites along the way, but the first night I camped out a park ranger came along and told me to make sure I hoisted my gear - and especially my food - up into a tree because they had just chased four black bears out of the other end of the campground where I was staying (and one of them was toting a recently killed fawn in its mouth). And the next night I got rained on, so I gave up on taking pictures of my campsites.

5 comments:

Princess Alethea said...

AWESOME!!

Edmund R. Schubert said...

Why yes, you are...

Aliette de Bodard said...

Nice!

Princess Alethea said...

Isn't he?

Edmund R. Schubert said...

It was a great trip. I'm looking forward to get back up there again. Someday...