Sunday, February 18, 2007

From The POV Of An Elephant

After all the hullabaloo over my friend's blog entry about reading submissions last week, it gives me immense pleasure to tell you that the story written partially from the POV of an elephant (the whole story isn't written that way) is going to appear in issue six of IGMS. Apparently the reader read the entire story, judged it on its merits, and liked it enough to pass along to me. I agreed that it was an excellent story and am going to publish it. It's actually a very touching story.

So you see, it's possible to find humor in a concept and still be professional enough to judge a story on its merits.

I love a happy ending.

(And before anyone reads too much into that last statement, I also consider and publish stories that don't have happy endings, so don't get hung up on that... ;-) )

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Issue *six*???

You've only got three issues out so far (I know, because I bought them).

So you're now dastardly planning ahead? You're almost looking like a real magazine...;-)

--Jetse

(1): this remark is tongue-in-cheek. Normally I don't explain the obvious, but after the (small) flame war, I'd rather be absolutely clear about it. Best of luck with IGMS, Edmund!

(2): I have a story written *completely* from the POV of elephants, who have evolved to intelligence in an AH Earth. So I'm certainly looking forward to the 'elephant' story (and don't worry, I won't send mine your way...;-).

--Jetse

Edmund R. Schubert said...

You're a mean old Dutchman, you are, Jetse... ;-P

Actually, I'd be very interested to read your story - if you feel like sharing it. I have a weakness for AH.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear about the story's acceptance. It's always nice to see someone succeed with writing and to be a witness to their acceptance. Quick question, when you reject a person's story, do you email or mail that rejection? When you accept the story, do you email or mail the acceptance? And you're really on issue six? talk about putting in overtime! At the risk of sounding like a mother watching her child build a block tower, Good Job, Ed!

Anonymous said...

Do you mind if I email you about this (the elephant story)?

Your profile lists your email as igmseditor (at) yahoo (dot) com.

--Jetse

Edmund R. Schubert said...

Jetse - e-mail away.

Julie - what would you know about a mother watching her children build block towers...? ;-p (BTW, IGMS does everything by e-mail. Subs in and rejections and acceptances out. The only thing we snail mail are contracts and checks.)

Anonymous said...

I know plenty about watching kids build block towers . . . It is a true fact that every parent who has ever entered their children's room at night with bare feet, hates the lego company. Thanks for the information.